General Science 1 course focuses on the needs of the human body in terms of matter and energy and on the interactions between the nervous system and the external world.
Duration: 50 hours (2 units)
This course will allow learners to:
- describe the characteristics of sound and light waves, and then explain their deflection;
- explain how the nervous system and sensory receptors work, allowing the body to relate to its environment;
- use the particle model of matter to illustrate and explain various physical and chemical changes;
- explore some physical properties of aqueous solutions;
- understand how the digestive system functions and the role its organs perform in transforming food;
- put into practice the experimental process, modelling and observation approaches during several experimental activities, then communicate the results by writing a laboratory report.