Data Collection is the second Secondary III mathematics course in the Diversified Basic Education Program. It is designed to develop learners’ ability to deal with situations that involve collecting or processing data.
The learning situations in this guide will enable learners to:
- formulate and validate conjectures;
- organize and interpret statistical data, and then represent them in different types of graphs;
- calculate measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion;
- represent events using tables, tree diagrams and geometric figures.
Duration: 50 hours (2 units)
The learning tools of this Learning Guide include:
- theoretical and practical activities
- numerous exercises and a detailed answer key
- scored activities enabling teachers to track learners’ progress
- One-variable statistical distributions
Passing mark for scored activities: 60%
Passing mark for certification examination: 60%