The Gases and Energy course is a Secondary V course that aim to develop the ability to seek answers to problems related to the behaviour and properties of gases and energy changes in chemical reactions.
Duration: 50 hours (2 units)
In this course, the learner will:
- analyze a phenomenon or technological application related to the behaviour of gases or the energy involved in chemical reactions;
- learn about the chemical and physical properties of gases and the energy involved in chemical transformations such as combustion, oxidation, decomposition, and synthesis;
- predict, qualitatively and quantitatively, the behaviour of gaseous substances and the spontaneity of a chemical reaction;
- understand the operations of a technological device, such as a manometer, a hot-air balloon, a spray can, diving equipment or an alcohol thermometer;
- carry out practical activities that involve experiments, modelling and writing laboratory reports.