This course is designed to help the learner develop strategies for using job search tools and techniques. These include learning to recognize labour market conditions and appropriate attitudes and behaviours, writing a résumé and letter of introduction, preparing for interviews and, finally, developing a job search plan and following it.
Duration: 75 hours (3 units)
- Labour Market Conditions;
- Impact of Attitudes and Behaviours;
- Attitudes to Be Developed;
- Job Search Techniques;
- The Whys and Wherefores of Résumés;
- Letter of Introduction;
- Different Aspects of an Interview;
- Interviews: Appropriate Attitudes and Behaviours;
- A Practice Selection Interview;
- Evaluating a Selection Interview;
- Developing a Job Search Plan;
- Job Search.
- Passing mark for scored activities: 60%
- Passing mark for certification examination: 60%