In this course, learners learn about the linear, quadratic, absolute-value, square-root, greatest-integer and rational functions, the role of the different parameters (a, b, h and k) and the rules of correspondence of these six functions. They also learn to recognize functions from their rules or graphs, to describe the characteristics of the functions under study, to solve second-degree equations involving square roots or absolute value, and to solve problems by using real functions.
• Effects of Changing the Parameters of a Real Function;
• Cartesian Graph of a Real Function;
• Characteristics of a Real Function;
• Solving the Equations of Real Functions;
• Inverse of a Real Function;
• Rule of a Real Function;
• Solving Problems Involving Functions.
A supervised ministerial examination in an adult education centre.
Passing mark: 60%