This Secondary IV course focuses on the different factoring methods and the four operations on algebraic fractions.
• Factoring by Removing the Common Factor;
• Factoring by Grouping;
• Factoring Trinomials of the Form x2 + bx + c or x2 + bxy + cy2;
• Factoring Trinomials of the Form ax2 + bx + c or ax2 + bxy + cy2;
• Factoring Difference of Two Squares;
• Factoring Polynomials;
• Simplifying Algebraic Fractions;
• Multiplying, and Dividing Two Algebraic Fractions;
• Adding and Subtracting Two Algebraic Fractions and Comparing Algebraic Expressions.
A supervised ministerial examination in an adult education centre.
Passing mark: 60%