This is the third in a series of three compulsory courses on geometry. In this course, learners learn about geometric transformations: translations, rotations and reflections (displacements) as well as dilatations (enlargements or reductions). They also learn to do calculations on similar figures and to draw figures to scale.
Duration: 25 hours (1 unit)
- Isometric transformations: translation, rotation and reflexion;
- Transformations of similitude and similar figures;
- Congruent triangles and similar triangles;
- Calculating the lengths of sides of two similar triangles;
- Calculating the lengths of sides of two similar polygones;
- Calculating actual dimensions, given a scale diagram;
- Drawing scale diagrams, given actual dimensions;
- Solving problems from various fields of human endeavor involving concepts of similarity or of congruence in geometric figures.
A supervised ministerial examination in an adult education centre.
Passing mark: 60%