This is the first of two courses on straight lines. In this course, learners acquire a knowledge of the analytical geometry of straight lines by drawing graphs of straight lines and determining the corresponding equations.
• Representing points in the cartesian plane;
• Graphing a linear equation, given a table of values;
• Determining points, given the graph of a linear equation;
• Graphing an equation of the form Ax + By + C = 0;
• Determining the slope (rate of change) of a line, given two points in a graph;
• Determining the slope (rate of change) of a line, given the coordinates of two points;
• Graphing a line, given its slope and the coordinates of one point;
• Determining the slope (rate of change) of a line, given its equation;
• Determining the equation of a line, given its graph.
A supervised ministerial examination in an adult education centre.
Passing mark: 60%