This is the first of two compulsory courses on algebra. In this course, learners learn to solve equations and inequalities in ℜ.
• Adding and substracting algebraic expressions;
• Distributive property of multiplication over addition;
• Solving equations of the form ax + b = 0;
• Solving inequalities of the form ax + b ≤ 0 or ≥ 0 and ax + b < 0 or > 0;
• Ratio and proportion;
• Problems involving equations in one variable.
A supervised ministerial examination in an adult education centre.
Passing mark: 60%