The purpose of the Computer Search course is to help learners with everyday situations that require finding and processing information. It teaches learners to consult various sources of computer-based information such as portals, databases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, search engines and to sort through the results of their searches.
• Ten simple activities grouped by theme (search engines, directories and portals);
• Dictionaries and encyclopedias as well as blogs, groups, RSS feeds, etc.;
• Two complex activities dealing with advanced searches;
• One integrative project that reviews all of the course material;
• Each activity consists of four sections:
- Sounds familiar!
- Preparing your search.
- Ready to go!
- Reviewing your work.
An exam developed or chosen by the teacher, worth 100% of the total mark.
Passing mark: 60%.