Date de disponibilité:
Algebraic and Graphical Modelling in a Fundamental Context is the first mathematics course in the Science option of Secondary IV. In this course, the learner will study two new types of functions: second-degree polynomial functions and step functions. This learning guide is divided into six learning situations, each containing a number of situation problems. In each situation problem, a GeoGebra online activity is proposed to help the learner to consolidate new mathematical knowledge. There are also three scored activities.
• Perform operations on algebraic expressions;
• Solve second-degree problems using significant algebraic identities;
• Complete the square;
• Factoring trinomials using square roots;
• Solve equations, inequations and systems of equations;
• Second-degree polynomial function and step functions;
• Represent, describe and interpret properties of functions;
• Switch from one form of writing second-degree polynomial functions to another;
• Represent a situation with lines and half-planes.
Passing mark for scored assignments: 60%
Passing mark for supervised ministry examination: 60%